Saturday, October 02, 2010

Unloading

In the next few weeks I will be doing a major unloading of unused and hardly used stuff. Short of tipping over my room, I would need several garbage bags and boxes to sort out things. I had been living in this apartment for almost six years now, and you know how things just pile up when you have the illusion of permanency.

The other night I was getting a change of clothes when I opened my closet and there was an avalanche of clothes. I'm only probably using less than half of what's inside it, so tomorrow those clothes are going to be categorized. It's a sad thing that we pass by people everyday who don't have decent clothes, yet a lot of stuff just sits inside our wardrobe. Some maybe I'll sell, some I'll just give away.

When I last moved (where I lived in a rented room) I couldn't believe how much unnecessary things I have accumulated over the years, gathered in such a small space. Now that I am sharing an apartment, there are a lot more to get rid of. I seriously don't know where to start. Maybe I'll begin sorting the piles on the floor.

I'm tempted to put up a table on the street and start peddling my wares, because almost all of these unused things will be sold. This is serious fundraising.

2 comments: